View Single Post
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I highly doubt he'd last here - he'd be in St. Johns very quickly (please don't abbreviate it SJ, I read that as San Jose). There's too big of a jump from NCAA to the NHL. NCAA is weaker than CHL and very few, if any, CHL defensemen have immediate success jumping up to the NHL. I'd love to see him go to the AHL though. I'd have an excuse to watch St. Johns games and I think he's physically too mature to be challenged much in the CHL.
You got that backwards. NCAA is MUCH stronger league than CHL. CHL has 16-17 year old's that couldn't come close to making NCAA rosters and are easy pickings for the top end players, compared to the more mature and better NCAA rosters filled primarily with 19-23 year old's. Sure the CHL has about as many high end players, maybe a few more, they make up only 2-3 players per roster, versus maybe only 2 per roster in NCAA. Overall the NCAA are WAAY deeper and better than CHL rosters. There are no 16 year old 4th lines to run the score up on NCAA teams like there is in CHL.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote