View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Last year was a fluke in my book. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs. But with the addition of Huberdeau, one would've thought we'd have been a team of similar caliber. Of course, injuries really plagued us this year, and without depth guys like Shore, Robak, and Strachan, this season would be much much worse, though i'm not sure how it could be much worse, to be honest. But Markstrom is finally getting his starts and is looking more confident every day. We still have the best prospect pool in the league, and guys like Bjugstad, Trochek, Howden, Matheson, Petrovic have still yet to make their impact felt.

Making the playoffs last year raised expectations for the club, and these expectations were probably a bit lofty considering our state in the rebuild. That being said, this is the last year i would expect anything below mediocrity. The prospects are coming into their own, and i fully expect to see solid improvements every season for the next 2-3 years. Tallon has dominated the draft during this rebuild. Now it's time for him to dominate trades and Free Agency. Let's solve our problems from within, and balance those solutions out with solid FA signings. I'm looking forward to it.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote