Old
12-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I read on the fanhome.com that

today on the FAN 590, John Davidson said that the habs are discussing a deal that would see Vincent Lecavalier land in Montreal.

He said that the Lightning are looking for FORMER 1st rounders who still have potentiel and that are still young (Hossa ???)

Anyways, that's not mine but from the other board.

Can anybody confirm this?
Intriguing, but where would he play? I like Koivu and Ribeiro as the Habs top centers, and neither can play with any effectiveness as a 3rd line center. Also, both excel as centers, especially Ribeiro, who absolutely needs the open ice to be creative. If Lecavalier can play the wing, then it becomes more interesting.

I would not give up anything off the roster, with the exception of Rivet and the usual gang of Dackell, Sundstrom, Juneau, and Kilger. That said, I would happily part with Hossa and Hainsey.

In reality, Lecavalier isn't of any help unless he plays the wing and comes very cheap. I actually think he would be more of a distraction, and he hasn't really demonstrated the gamesmanship and leadership of a franchise player, even though he has the skills and talent of one.

I would rather see a deal involving Kubina, but such a deal is next to impossible, unless some kind of three-way with Hamrlik occurs. Anyway...