View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Rolex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
what hasn't he shown? he plays every game and gives us a chance to win imo. were not a good defensive team. last night we played great and managed to neutralize a lot of the finesse they were bringing for most of the night but it looked to me like we were playin in a maxed out way. as hard as we possibly could and still made the mistakes at the end that we've been makin throughout the season. your opinion is a generalization of your made up mind from last year. we give him another year cause he HAS played well this year. i don't care about his numbers. this is a team sport. also who do we replace him with? everyone has these trades and moves worked out but (and i know this is an opinion board) but its all based of B.S. even if we can get bernier i still think we should keep bryz for next year. we definitely buy him out next summer tho. i love the guy but theres no way i can pretend that contract is not gonna kill us down the road. its just way too long and he is what he is. he is not gonna have a tim thomas year at age 37 which i think they were sorta thinking was gonna happen if you put him on our team. i do think its time for a coaching change tho. and i mean goaltending and head.
There are some things in this post that are true but others, not so much. Last night's game was an example of what it takes by the team to cover for Bryz. Everyone back in around the net to help him. The result; sporadic offense. Bryz has no glove hand to speak of. His best saves are when he puts his body onto a shot which leads to too much loose change in the crease. That pulls the Flyers defensemen back into the nets even more to clear out the rebounds. His lateral movement is barely adequate. If he is to stay as the goaltender, the entire organization has to be all in on playing like it did last night and maybe willing 2-1 or 3-2 games. If he allows three or more goals, the Flyers lose. IMO that is not the blueprint to winning hockey.