Old
03-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
And?

What, Richards couldn't board a plane and go play in Europe? Oh right, he decided to go to those ******** CBA negotiations instead. I'm sorry, but a veteran player should know what he has to do to prepare for the season. Another excuse. Wonderful. Anymore that are worth sharing?
Oh man, don't get me started on this one. I can rant at some of those lazy players for hours for this.

I can see a lack of training camp affecting guys who are unfamiliar with the system like Asham and Nash...but not the others.

A guy like Richards has no excuse for being out of shape at all. He, along with all the other Rangers, know exactly what the standards are for conditioning for this team. Plus, it's not like these guys were standing on the street corners begging for change during the lockout, as they obviously have the money and facilities available to stay in "Tortorella shape."

That's one area I'll give the coaching staff a big pass on. Short of kidnapping all the players and locking them up in a gym during the lockout, there wasn't much more they could do to keep these guys in shape.

To see guys this far into the season huffing and puffing on the bench like that is 100% on the players.

Of course, it's up to the coaching staff to also recognise the guys are gassed and at least attempt to roll the lines a little better.