View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
EVERYTHING in the last 2 years from even strength points, shooting percentage, and the ole fashioned eye test makes this laughable. If you seriously think Keith is this team's best scoring threat from the point, you need your eyes checked. Can't keep pucks in the zone, can't get shots through defenders, can't hit the net...just what the hell is he doing out there.

Leddy has a much better shot (speed), is more accurate, is better at gaining zone entry (something we struggle with mightily on the PP), is better at moving the puck in the offensive zone, and has more natural instincts than Keith has. He was far better than Keith last year, is this year, and will be for many years to come. Time to wake up, man.
I don't know how Keith's managed to put up back-to-back 40-point seasons sucking as bad as he does. I don't know how he's on pace to put up another 40 points (per 82 games) this year, again, sucking so bad. Keith takes a lot of shots. He attempts a lot of shots. Do most of them get through? No, but that's what happens when you take a lot of shots. Nick Leddy almost never shoots. He doesn't have the confidence in that part of his game to shoot the puck with regularity, which results in him almost always passing the puck off to whoever's on the right side boards.

I don't know how you can watch the games and honestly believe Leddy is better than Keith offensively. I don't get it. I know it's become fashionable to hate on Keith, but really. Leddy does a lot of things well and yes, he does do some things better than Keith (like gaining the zone), but Keith still creates more chances than Leddy and has better play recognition, as he should, being far more experienced.