View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Noob616

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I was only saying that I don't like that people who simply say that marriage should be between a man and woman (I don't agree with them), get bashed in the media (another problem) for expressing their opinion and nothing more. It's the reason why I brought up Carrie Prejean.. Perez Hilton had no right to ask her a question, to which she answered truthfully, and then call her a "dumb *****" and convince his fellow judges not to award her the Miss USA crown because he didn't agree with her.

That's all it was. Again, I am sorry if anyone was offended by anything that's come from it.
They get bashed because their opinion supports injustice. "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" doesn't work when it's a discriminatory one.

It's OK if someone doesn't believe gay marriage is right in the eyes of their religion/the eyes of God, but when people say "marriage should be between a man and a woman" they usually mean "I think the law should be marriage should only be between a man and a woman". There's a very clear distinction, the former is logically defensible, the latter isn't.