View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I'm not. We have to realize that assets need to be sold at times to jump on any inflated values our rentals may have. No team ever has a direct replacement for a player they sell, that's just the risk they take.

Yet again I cannot disagree with you. He certainly isn't flashy with his puck moving like Enstrom, has a bomb like Byfuglien, or hits like Stuart, but he certainly is well rounded. I didn't say his only redeeming quality is that he chews minutes, I said that he's only a #4 because he chews minutes. If he didn't, he'd be no higher than Stuart on the depth chart. I'm not saying they're comparable defensively, because Hainsey is clearly much better defensively than Stuart.

As for the vocal part, that is one thing that is missing in todays game. In fact I'm the very last row of MTSC (304 row 12) and I regularly hear Hainsey yelling "wheel wheel wheel". In fact me and my GF make a game of it. On the flip side our other d-men seem to be improving in this part.

As far as Stuart, he's another guy that is probably more valuable to another team than to us. You're a stats guy, you know that.

Part of good management is knowing when to strike the iron. I'd argue consistent playoff teams know when to do this best. The Bobrovsky trade and Staal trade are two good examples. Although these type of "sell" trades are rarely done at the deadline from playoff teams. Usually it's the off-season. Douglas Murray was just "sold" from a team that's in 9th place. He was doing 16-21 TOI.

The Ponikarovsky/Tangradi deal was essentially a sell/downgrade for picks trade.

Even at this point, Chevy will sell assets we are in abundance of if the price is right. He's invested heavily in filling the prospect pool, at this point our youngest prospectd he's pulled out for full time work are 24 (Postma, Kulda, Redmond). Drafting and picks are absolutely essential to the success of this or any franchise.
I'm not sure the Bobrovsky trade fits in that example. Have you seen his #s?