View Single Post
03-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mandiblesofdoom View Post
I'm happy to place a lot of blame on Mr. Richards ... but by the same token the coach keeps playing him high minutes & key situations, as if he were a top-performing player, which he isn't this year.
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
It is absolutely vital to this team that he return to form. We added Richards and went from an 8th seed to a 1st seed (in addition to other complimentary players)

He makes that much of a difference.
Yeah, I think it's important to recognize that for us to go anywhere in the playoffs we're going to need Richy to be a part of it. So, while right now to give ourselves a better chance to win it would make sense to limit Richy, I think that would actually be counterproductive in the long run. As a coach you don't run your team like every game is game 7 of a playoff series, you can't. If you did that would mean never playing your backup goalie and barely playing your bottom line/pairing (yeah sometimes we kind of do that anyway, but in a game seven situation you do it even moreso. who can forget McD playing like 58 minutes to Bickels like 3 and change in that OT game). So, point is that what's best for the long term isn't what's best in the short term when it comes to where and how much to play Richy. We have to get him to play his way out of it, hard as that is to watch.