View Single Post
03-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Just a Fool
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Sure Zubov wasn't a shutdown D but calling him simply above average isn't true either.

Savard was better defensively but offesnively he never wowed anyone consistently, part due to injury and part due to team amakeup perhaps.

But alot of his praise is because of his team as well so it cuts both ways.

Both guys never won a Norris and I think it's fair to say that they are pretty comparable.

Even in the higher svoring 70's how many times does Savard break into the top 5 Dman scoring? Top 10?

Even with less teams and the disparity between the rich and the poor in the early 70's, Zubov offense blows Savard out of the water.

IMO one guy gets way easier treatment than the other guy and he isn't the only one in the 70's either.

First off, Savards offense was closer to Zubovs offense than Zubovs defense was to Savards defense.
Second, I don‘t know what Zubov you are talking about but the one I saw was poor defensively to start, improved later on to not be considered a liability and ended up a little better than that in his last couple of year.
Average to above average at best defensively is stating the last half or so of his career perfectly IMO.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote