View Single Post
Old
12-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Thomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
The organization doesnt have enough patience with prospects/young players who dont produce on a consistant basis. Hossa wasnt producing up to standards when he was with the big club earlier this season, but he was showing another side of his play that was missing last season. He was playing a physical game and was always the first to backcheck. I think his main problem is, he doesnt know if hes a finisher or a playmaker. Ever since joining the Habs organization, he was switched the the wing from his natural center position. We have a nasty habit of doing this, and some players just cant adapt IMO. I'd like to see Hossa play at C for a stretch in Hamilton and maybe even with the big club if more injuries occur.

Marian Hossa was saying that Marcel was not comfortable playing on the left side, and the Hossa "camp" wants him moved back to center. I dont see the problem with this really, if he suceeds we have found our big offensive center. Hes shown he has the skill, hes shown he can play physical and isnt a problem in his own end, now he just needs the confidence to put both sides tofether and the proper linemates.