View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Probably impacts the pitch that Holland was preparing to deliver tomorrow. I wouldn't be so sure on him coming to Detroit sure-shot anymore! Can hope for the best, but certainly Edmonton is going to be pushing HARD. They apparently offered him top pairing minutes said Ken Daniels before this game. Justin Schultz was also texting him telling him to come over to Edmonton. Gonna be rough swallowing this one again after losing out on Suter and Parise this summer
I doubt Quincey being out was the key to their offer. That said, I think it was a fair guess all along that Edmonton could afford to offer him something ridiculous like top pairing minutes.

It'll be interesting to see how DeKeyser handles that Edmonton offer. It would be nice to do that, but I think anybody with a brain realizes that they're probably not ready for that sort of thing in their rookie year. If a team can actually offer you that as a rookie, what sort of D-core can they put around you? I think it's one of those things that sounds overwhelmingly positive until you think about it, and then it becomes kind of negative in some ways.