View Single Post
Old
03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
I understand the question for concern after making the playoffs last season and likely finishing somewhere around last in the league currently. However, I feel that you can't count this season as everything that could have happened in a bad way, did. The lockout gave the team no time to prepare and while players skated on a daily basis or played overseas, it led to injuries which completely killed any possibility of having a winning season.

I'm not concerned at all with Tallon's blueprint. I'd say this season was a wash and next year is really year three of five. You can't predict well in this day and age, but I'm going to assume that it might be a struggle for us next season as well. Obviously, not dead last but I wouldn't say we'll be a lock for a playoff spot either. Our prospect system looks great on paper and some have already started to show progress as they make it to the NHL now and over the next couple of years. We can only hope that they'll produce as expected. Every great team had some dreadful years before they were successful. I'm hoping within the next 2-3 years, the losing seasons will all be worth it in the end.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote