View Single Post
Old
08-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
I know about his injury and this is certainly something we have to considere before writing him off.. But you know, Ryder has never been the most complete player, all his flaws were pretty noticable in the AHL as well... I want a healthy Ryder to really know what he can bring to the table, I want him focussed to improve on his weakness, I want he makes his line dangerous offensively with more consistency instead losing the puck too easily like he was doing last season, I want him more involved in the play and create scoring chances for himself and his linemates instead falling asleep at time floating around... If you think a confident Kostitsyn cant score over 30 goals on the first line playing with Koivu you are gonna be surprised... Perezhogin isnt a pure goals scorer but Im pretty sure he could easily reach 25 goals on the first line (if the confidence is quite there of course). making the line way more overall dangerous and toughest to play against.
Ahh but Kostitsyn will have to prove he is the better option over Ryder... and IMO things such as this wont happen just that quick... Remember Audette? How many chances he was given to get back in our line up (quite some time) he stunk, but still managed to play a huge majority of games before Ryder took it out from him, because he flat out played better. Kostitsyn must first prove hes able to crack the roster... then bide his time by being a spark for the team... Eventually hell get his chance if Ryder slags, underperforms, or is flat out outproduced 1-1 on a full consistent basis... It's the torch method, and it works for us

I fully believe Kosty will win his role sometime this seaosn... I dont know for sure if its Ryders spot thatll be lost however.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote