View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:11 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's possible for Bryz to suck independently of the team, you know. Nobody looks at the score and declares Bryz is bad. We declare him bad when he, you know...plays badly. Which happens to be disturbingly often for the second year in a row. He's a glorified Biron, except he's been worse.

I also don't see the contradiction at all about what happens when a team built for offense tries to cut down the offense and play defense to protect the goalie. Goal scoring goes down. That's not shocking. Considering that they're already struggling to score goals, it means the offense will be even worse.

Here's the thing: The Flyers haven't been THAT bad defensively. They've certainly been passable; better than several teams, even...teams who's goalies have done better than Bryz. However, Bryz hasn't been passable. So they've progressively cut back on offensive aggression to focus more on D, because Bryz apparently needs a perfect bubble to succeed.

Stop spouting this utter garbage that we're just watching the scores. We're watching the games. I've seen another underwhelming season in net. You know who else has seen the same thing? Practically every major analyst and media member. I hate this argument, but I'm forced to make it: neutral, outside observers paid for their knowledge of the game have been panning him all year. I guess they're just blind too, right?

I've watched the Rangers have more than their fair share of terrible games in the last few years. He somehow didn't collapse and was often one of the few/only bright spots. He certainly wouldn't look like Leighton, or hell, even Bryz if he played here.
you do keep saying that don't you? its funny too cause i here a lot of them saying he HAS NOT been the problem this year. I hear it a lot on the nhl channel on sirius xm and on hockey night in canada radio. none of those guys seem to blame him for this season. i know you guys were talking about a game a week or two ago tho. maybe a columbus game? where they were saying we must regret trading bob? but those announcers usually do play to the people watching the game.