View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:35 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Thanks for the insight Jux. Is there a reason why he doesn't play center? I'm excited for two reasons: he has very good upside and DW likely isn't to trade him.
Slavia plays a vet at center. Hertl's versatile, and his defensive game isn't complete. If I knew how to speak Czech, I'd try to find out more.

But remember, you can watch Hertl play if you want. Link/scheule for Slavia's playoff games are about 4 pages back in this thread. He's a fun guy to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
It happens.

In my day, there were so many players that dominated at the lower levels, that scouts from major juniors and even the NHL thought highly of. Then, they went to the pros, and that one or two areas of their game that they were deficient in were exploited, rendering them ineffective.
The difference is that Hertl isn't a 6'2'' kid dominating a major junior league. He's a first liner on a playoff team in the Czech Extraliga. Dmitry Jaskin, whom everyone thinks so highly of? He scored like two points on the same team as Hertl last season while being a year older. The one knock on Hertl is his skating, and even that seems to be improving. He's at least average. And at the WJC, he was dangerous all tourney long, against every team he played including the US.

I just don't see him not making the NHL. I could be wrong, I just don't see it.