View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 07:32 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Mediocrity is a good thing in sports outside of North America?
It saves you from being relegated to the lower leagues. At least that's what I think he's talking about. Common practice in leagues outside of North America.

On the subject at hand. I have a theory, and it is becoming more solid every day. There's a latent masochistic desire that drives some people to be fans of historically "bad" teams. I'm not talking about you specifically, SlickCat, but your thread brought it to mind. These fans only seem to post when the team does poorly. If they do post during an upswing, they're quick to make "waiting for other shoe to drop" type comments. Comments from this group are just so consistently negative, that it always makes me wonder why they're fans of the team at all. My only guess is that it serves as some sort of outlet for pent up frustration. Kind of like hitting a punching bag. Bad day at work? It's OK... I'm a Florida Panthers fan!

Now, I'm not saying we should all put on our rose-colored glasses. There's obviously things to gripe about with this team, but show some freakin' balance! Wait for Tallon's plan to be complete. There's historical data that shows we should expect this. We're on the hump of our rebuild. Also, we have ELEVEN guys injured. That means nearly half our team are call-ups. We've had close to that many injured for most of the season so far. All I'm saying is: Not too high, not too low.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote