View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 06:56 AM
ctwin22
Go Desert Dogs

vCash: 500
We need to face the fact that Hanzal is a 3rd line center. He's fully capable of shutting down everyone else's #1, but he's a 30-40pt center.

That is our problem is that we're missing a true #1, Vermette is a below average #2, but he wins draws and is sound defensively so we can afford to have him as our #2 as long as we have a #1, which we don't have.

And I think the only way we can get one is through the draft. This year is perfect timing to grab a potential #1 center.

Guys in the AHL that are legitimate NHL'ers are the following:
Brown (destined to be a 3rd or 4th line winger with lots of grit in his game)
Gormley (I see him as a 2nd pairing guy, he's Klesla with more offense)l
Rundblad (I think he can be a top pairing guy capable of 40pts)
Summers (he can play, but he's a 6/7 guy and will need to change teams to get a chance)

That is it on the current roster except for the goalies, and it looks like both Lee, Visentin and Domingue look good enough to make it...hopefully one of them can clearly put their hold on the #1 2-3 yrs from now.

I don't think that the following players are NHL material - Szwarz, Martinook, Werek, Miele, Conner, Shinnimin, Lane, Hextall, D-zynski, Goncharov

Still not a big fan of the Martinook selection...waste of a 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Maybe we should trade Miele to Tampa Bay...some systems are better for certain players and our system doesn't fit Miele

ctwin22 is offline   Reply With Quote