View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 07:17 AM
CapeShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
It usually takes around 5 years to do a proper rebuild and we are in year 3. Be patient.

We have a great opportunity to tank this year in order to add a top 3 pick in a strong draft plus make some trades at the TDL for picks /prospects, while shedding vets to make room for our prospects. Hopefully, we can trade Goc and for value, unload Kuba and Upshall, and have Jovo retire.

Next off-season, we will then have plenty of cap room to be a player in the off-season with the cap coming down, which should allow for bargain shopping.

Next year, we will look something like this:

Steeg-xxx-Fleishman
Hubs-Shore-Muller
Bergie-Matthias-Howden
Skille-Kop-Parros

Soup-Guds
Kulikov-Weaver
Strachan-Brennan/Robak

Markstrom
Clemmer

Is this great? No, but add a decent center and we will be ok if we get strong goalie play
I think the goalie is pretty much set with Markstrom. He has taken nice developemnt strides this past year. I do see us upgrading with Petrovic- D along with Bjuds-C/F next season. Like to think we had 1 more D in waiting along with 1-2 more fiesty young guns up front. Knight, Trocheck, Megan, Kosov are coming in this next season. Thinking maybe all three can provide the up/down spark similar to Shore & Howden this past season. One point in disfavor, I thought Howden could have had mroe games to date. Shore & Huberdeau were all set with timing. Talllon's blueprint is still very much on course. We will be getting younger but better in the next year or so.

CapeShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote