View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 AM
the4thHansonbrother

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
...and Basso only gets 1 game for Sarnia. I figured Plymouth would come out on the short end of the stick on the suspensions -- it's been going on all season.

Six games is extremely harsh for Mistele, considering he only received a 2 minute minor. But, it's a typical Whalers suspension. Vellucci must have run over David Branch's dog or something like that. I gave up expecting fair treatment from the OHL office years ago.
How is 6 games harsh? It was a forearm to the head...Carnevale is out with a concussion...it's a direct head shot. The fact it was only a 2 min penalty only goes to show the level of officiating in the OHL. To quote Joe Monette..."Slim Pickens" I guess. As for Basso's, Wilson milked it which is why he was given the 5, had Wilson missed a shift because he was hurt, then fine give Basso more than 1 game. Certainly worth a suspension though, don't get me wrong...swing a stick at someone is as bad as head shots...but when a player doesn't miss a shift, clearly it is not nearly as severe as it looks. Although it could be argued that maybe Basso should have had at least 2 games...