View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Yea, i dont see thr Silfverberg/Hossa comparisons either. If anything, I do think that Zibanejad is a Hossa comparable.
Agreed. A couple times already this season, Zib has carried the puck up to centre, where two defenders will be waiting for him, and just powered between them to earn a partial break. That's very impressive strength for a 19-year-old, and quite reminiscent of Hossa.

As another poster pointed out, though, I doubt he'll reach the skill level of Hossa but he is still quite young. A 60 point, physical forward would not be a bad return on a 6th overall pick (essentially a second Michalek, but there's something about Zibanejad that makes him appear more explosive than 9MM).

Silf's rookie campaign has been impressive to say the least. Surrounded by a middling offense and with no Spezza/Karlsson to draw the opponent's most stalwart defenders, he's still managed to put up respectable numbers. He may even deserve a few more points, either due to bad luck or rookie errors he's lost a couple chances that I'm sure he'll learn to bury over the next few years.

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote