View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Pretty much whatever Darnell Nurse does, Seth Jones does it better IMO.

The only thing I can see Nurse potentially being better at is: more physical & better defensively (but not by much).

Hell, Jones is 4th in scoring among all WHL dmen.
Jones also plays on a loaded Portland Winterhawks team. I would love to see what Nurse can do on a team that sports three one hundred point scorers and three sixty point scorers. In comparison, Nurse plays on a team with one one hundred point scorer and two sixty point scorers.

As for Nurse, he's right up there with Jones in terms of offensive ability. Nurse chose to be the shut down defender in the Soo this year and he still put up 40 points. He's considerably more physical than Jones and he's significantly a better defender.

I'm not harping on Jones, but the overrating that's going on with regards to Jones is borderline ridiculous. He's a fantastic player, but the difference between Jones and Nurse has closed significantly to the point that Nurse is considered by some scouting services to be possibly the number 2 player and depending on a Sault Ste Marie playoff run, could be the number one guy by the time all is said and done.

Funny story about Nurse. When the junior hockey year started, he wasn't even rated by ISS or CSB or any of the major scouting services. As of now, he's climbed to number 5. The only other person to see a ratings jump like that? Claude Giroux was the last guy who wasn't rated when his draft year started and climbed all the way to 24 by the time the season ended.