View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Guerzy
free marko

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Jussi Jokinen is supposedly about to hit waivers.

He would be a great pickup.
This is quite interesting. He was a pretty reliable forward for the Canes (when I was a fan pre-Jets). Can play wing or center, and is actually good in the faceoff circle. I think he's fallen out of favor/role in Carolina with all their additions since the summer, but when they relied on him he was a solid forward. Only on contract through next season at 3 million, so for a team (us?) with cap room and lacking depth, Jussi could be a solid fit.

I won't be surprised at all to see his production pick up if he is claimed (I think he will be, for sure).

There is half the league infront of us for waiver selection, so I doubt he'd even drop to us. Edmonton, Phoenix (could they afford him?), Islanders, Washington, Columbus, Rangers, Nashville and possibly SJ could put a claim in, I would think.

I think he would be an ideal fit here, because we lack depth big time, and we lack good faceoff men. I think when utilized he is easily a 45-50 point player in my opinion, well worth the 3 million dollar price tag for just next season.

Last edited by Guerzy: 03-26-2013 at 10:43 AM.