View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I was a fan of trading Goc the last couple weeks but I've had a change of heart. The guy is just so versatile in all situations I would like to see him back for the remaining year. I'm starting to think he's worth 2 picks(2nd and conditional 2nd like Murray from SJ) and not just a 2nd OR 3rd rounder.

Tallon has alot to decide in the next 8 days regarding our Center depth for next year.

Matthias should be a no-brainer to re-sign and I feel he could take over the #2 guy at Center in 2013-14. The guy has shown tremendous heart and determination this whole year and has stepped up his game.

Shore will be back but I'm starting to think he's more suited for a 4th line role than the 2nd line role. The Kid Line HAD success early but has faded the last couple weeks. I think Shore should be developed into a gritty bottom 6 Center moving forward.

Goc is a jack of all trades and should be a lock for 3rd line Center next year as long as we find a replacement (Bozak or Roy) for Weiss unless pigs fly and #9 is persuaded back to be a Panther.

Bjugstad isn't a lock to crack the lineup next year but I'd love to see what he can bring next year, he is NHL ready in terms of size but I feel he will need time to adapt as all young guys do. I expect the 9 game minimum from him and sent to SA for at least a year.

So to wrap up, my thoughts are to keep Goc as we have a ton of YOUTH at Center but not alot of guys ready to tackle the #1 and #2 spots for next year. I know we have some growing pains ahead but it's evident we have a gapping hole at #1 Center if Weiss doesn't return or a replacement isn't signed in FA.
There is no way Matthias is suited for second line center duties. Despite his offensive highlight goals the last month he doesn't really make the guys around him better. He's just good on his own. 9 goals 3 assists... He's good for the third line spot.

Goc is better than Matthias by a lot but we might be able to get a very good return for him so he might be gone. I'm kinda against trading him.

If we're going to play Shore on the fourth line we might as well send him down to San Antonio. He's struggled to produce offensive as of late but so has that entire line. It might be the rough schedule wearing on Shore and Hubs. Shore iss too good for the fourth line, we'd be developing him poorly.

I agree, we have a glut of third line centers and some could slot on second line. Shore and Goc being those two. I do think Shore will win the second line center spot next year. He's got a great work ethic and will come into camp in tip top shape. Matthias needs to work on becoming a shut down guy because he could be a great shut down third line center. The type of guy you could roll out against the other team's best lines.

If we don't find a Weiss replacement, we're going to be in trouble next year.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote