View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Joe Sakic View Post
Seth Jones is special no doubt. I did get a chance to watch him play in the WJHC. He definitely is a smart hockey with the physical tools to dominate. I doubt he will not live up to his potential. But, intelligence is the most important attribute I look for and Drouin's intelligence stands out. Watching his highlights is like watching Neo dodge bullets. He thinks the game faster than most people can even follow.
I agree with people above, YouTube videos is a bad way to determine who you want. Sure, it shows off a players offensive abilities, but that's only a small part of what goes into picking a player.

With that being said, Drouin is hands down my 2nd choice for who I want the Avs to get. First of all, we need a winger more than a C (which MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan all are). Second of all, he is the most dynamic offensive player in the draft, in my opinion. He would be a great future fit on our top line with Duchene, leaving Landeskog and O'Reilly to be a great pair on the 2nd line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finds71 View Post
I was at the Broncos game tonight in Swift Current. Colorado scouts were there including Richard Pracey. I saw them talking a lot with an anaheim scout. Just tought you guys would like to know.

By the way it was a great game Laurikainen really stood on his head and they beat Calgary in OT.
Thanks for that info. That's great to hear. There is some fine talent on both of those teams including:

Dillon Heatherington - Swift Current D - Big kid, plays a shutdown D role, very good skater, a likely 2nd round pick
Greg Chase - Calgary RW - Very fast and intelligent, nephew of former NHLer Kelly Chase, probably a 3rd rounder
Colby Cave - Swift Current LW - Big winger, hits like a truck, offense and skating is slowly improving, maybe a 6th or 7th rounder
Zane Jones - Calgary LW - Overager, big powerforward, goes to the net, might be a late round pick
Eetu Laurikainen - Swift Current G - Typical Finnish goalie, very athletic, competes hard, stood on his head last night, might be a late round pick
Jay Merkley - Swift Current RW - Smaller kid, stock has fallen drastically, hope we don't even consider taking him
Pavlo Padakin - Calgary RW - Very good defensively, great compete, offensive skills are underrated. Some team might take him late, but I doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Where do you see Lipon going in the draft?
Don't see anyone considering him earlier than the late 3rd round. I have him rated in the late 4th round, maybe even the 5th.