View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
major major

vCash: 500
All this sarcasm is confusing. I think people might be rehashing arguments they've had before, and are missing what we're talking about here.

I don't think we have a case of folks settling for mediocrity vs. folks trying to win the cup. We all want to win the cup and we all anticipate getting there being a slow building process. Correct? The disagreement is over when/where certain pieces are added.

I think the draft, and particularly this draft, is a great time to add an elite center who you can build around. I think we're set up to have a good defence for years to come, maybe great with Ryan Murray. But where does our offence come from?

Where else do we get an elite center?

We really do look to be trending into the Coyotes. They have been an okay team that has built around solid defence and added a young defenceman who is already playing elite hockey in Oliver Ekman-Larsson. But that doesn't make you a contender, in fact it doesn't guarantee you a playoff spot. Case in point, Phoenix is behind us in the standings.

This is my understanding of the context of the argument. But of course you can agree with my context and still think I'm crazy to want to trade Murray for Mackinnon.