View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I'm not sure that's true. DD gets more offensive minutes, and less
defensive minutes. But that doesn't translate to weaker opponents.
I would imagine that most coaches put out their top D pairing against
his line last year. And probably tried to get their top line out if they
were solid defensively, because they could then also try to exploit
DD relative defensive weakness. I think DD got his 60 points against
strong opponents.
The numbers state the DD had some of the weakest quality of competition on the team - so far the three coaches Desharnais has played under in the NHL have always tried to make sure Plekanec is out there against the opposing teams most effective line, and if not Plekanec, Eller. Of course this doesn't mean DD never played against strong competition, but he has been used primarily as an exploitation scorer, and I really don't think there's any debate with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Umm Desharnais isn't a two-way center and doesn't face the best opposition. He faces the weakest.
Well, that's why I'm saying, if we trade Plekanec to make room for Gally at center, it means one of Galchenyuk or Desharnais will not be in an exploitation role. You can't have two exploitation scoring lines. It's very likely Galchenyuk will have no problem filling a two way role someday, but next year, at 20? If we must move him off the wing ASAP, it can only come at the expense of Desharnais IMO. Even if they think Eller is good enough to replace Plekanec at this point (even as an Eller fan, I'm not so sure), Galchenyuk would be replacing Eller, and I would hate to see the reaction here if Galchenyuk was used as a defense-first third liner. Which is why I want to see how DD plays on the wings.

Last edited by Et le But: 03-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.