View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

vCash: 500
I think us Habs fans have been criticizing DD a bit too much, but it's all about hype and French media being in love with him.

The fact is, none of our centers is a quality 1st line center, Plek, DD and Eller are all quality 2nd or 3rd line center. None of them have the talent it takes to earn a 1st line center job on a cup contender (I don't expect the Habs to compete for the cup this year). Plek has always been closer to be a 1st line center, but it seems his defensive is so much needed that he can't concentrate on creating offense. Plek is probably the best 2-way center in the league, but lacks points scoring, so I peg him as one of the best 2nd line center in the NHL.

The question is, who do we move going forward, to aquire our 1st line center ? My pick would be DD or Plek. DD first, and hopefully he performs well for his contract, that'll bump his trade value.

Unless of course Galchenyuk developps as a top line center, and he seems to have the playmaking abilities. But even then we'll have to move someone.