View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Pat (NYC)

Craig, how can a team (NYR) with 2 30+ goals per season guys and a 50 assists per season guy be last in the NHL in goals scored? Is it the players or is it the coach? Torts admits he doesn't coach the O. Is a change behind the bench what the Rangers need and not a Hobbit?
Craig Custance (1:24 PM)

Craig Custance: Pat - Scouts I've chatted with have said they think Tortorella's system isn't ideal for the talent they have in New York. There definitely is some debate as to whether or not that's the problem. The reality is that the Rangers, when everyone is healthy, look pretty darn good. I don't think they have to do anything drastic and if they can just sneak into the playoffs, I'd still list them with Boston and Pittsburgh as legit contenders. That's a team built more for the playoffs than regular season.
Fox on Sportsnet.ca said the same thing, as did the Team 1200 guy that hosts Pierre's podcast the other day, as well as Glen Healy on HNIC. Its funny Custance was making waves with his Richards and Torts bashing like the manic depressive Ranger fanbase just less than 48 hours ago, only to back off today. Zipay hinted at something vague the other day, and I really think a move is being made, whether its personnel or system, I don't know, but the Rangers look very comfortable defending a lead, problem is that they haven't gotten one 2/3s of the season so far.