View Single Post
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
7-7-5 is our record against playoff teams. producing pretty much the same clip against the cellar dwellars. we're nothing more than average right now.

we're 2-5-3 against the top 5 seeds in the west. i think this stat is significant cause its almost a lock we play a top 5 seed IF we make it in. we only have ONE win against top 5 seed in regulation .. that was against minnesota in the first week of the season before they had their stuff together. you guys can bash the "old negative guy" all you want.. but im realistic. you guys are talking playoffs after beating the same cellar dwellars that stomped us last week when everyone was already ruling out playoffs.. at least im consistent....
Again, I hear what you are saying, but records in the regular season mean absolutely nothing come playoff time. I don't care if we are 0 fer against a given team- when the playoffs start anything can happen.

Last year:
Van finished 16 points ahead of LA- eliminated in 1st round
NYR finished 17 points ahead of Ottawa- had to go 7 to beat them

Just so we are clear and I'm not called overly optimistic- I'm not saying that's going to happen with us- just saying quoting our record against other teams is pointless IF we get in playoffs

Not to mention- if we do finish strong and get in, our playoff team will not be the same team we were in the first half of this season when we couldn't beat anyone

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote