View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Jones also plays on a loaded Portland Winterhawks team. I would love to see what Nurse can do on a team that sports three one hundred point scorers and three sixty point scorers. In comparison, Nurse plays on a team with one one hundred point scorer and two sixty point scorers.

As for Nurse, he's right up there with Jones in terms of offensive ability. Nurse chose to be the shut down defender in the Soo this year and he still put up 40 points. He's considerably more physical than Jones and he's significantly a better defender.

I'm not harping on Jones, but the overrating that's going on with regards to Jones is borderline ridiculous. He's a fantastic player, but the difference between Jones and Nurse has closed significantly to the point that Nurse is considered by some scouting services to be possibly the number 2 player and depending on a Sault Ste Marie playoff run, could be the number one guy by the time all is said and done.

Funny story about Nurse. When the junior hockey year started, he wasn't even rated by ISS or CSB or any of the major scouting services. As of now, he's climbed to number 5. The only other person to see a ratings jump like that? Claude Giroux was the last guy who wasn't rated when his draft year started and climbed all the way to 24 by the time the season ended.
So why is Jones considered by most to be easily the better prospect than Nurse? Just hype? Just because Nurse came out of nowhere? I'm not saying you're wrong because you've probably seen more of both than I have, I'm just curous. I'll admit I've seen Jones play 5-6 times this season and Nurse just once. I only ask because you say Nurse is almost on par as far as offense but he's more physical and a significantly better defender than Jones. It seems that if that were the general consensus that Nurse would be easily the better prospect. I want either of these guys and if either are available when they pick, i hope they grab one.