View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 01:49 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yeah, I'd say Trouba is closer to being in the top 10 than this group.

I'm probably being a little sensitive but this kind of irked me

A good starting goaltender? What is he now?
Anderson is the starter not Bishop and Lehner. They are both splitting time while he's recovering from injury but make no mistake Anderson is the Senators' starting goalie for now. Lehner could be a starting goalie if with another team and it's most likely that he will make Anderson expendable at one point in the very near future. Right now, the Senators are seeing which one is better Bishop or Lehner because one of them is going to get traded. They can't keep three good goalies. I am betting that more teams want Lehner over Bishop, just my opinion. The Senators should keep Lehner as he's really settled down and improve the mental aspects to his game. I see him as a better Braden Holtby type goalie, similar temperments. I am not COMPARING their techniques or talents.

I think Trouba will eventually show to be closer to the Top 15 in the future but one season in the NCAA and two good WJC tournaments don't put him in the NHL. For the record I would take him on my team any day. Remember you could do this list a week, month, six months or a year from now and it will be different each time. Eveyone would have a very different list. I like a good two-way complete defensemen over only offensive minded or just stay-at-home defenders where you might prefer the more offensive blueliners only. That's why we do the Top 50 with many lists to come to a concensus on the prospects. It's impossible to please everyone and it might look okay now and not tomorrow or vice versa. It's really a crap-shoot when it comes to projecting how a prospect will turn out in the end. Just way too many things that can go wrong on the way to getting to the NHL.

Thanks for reading the Top 50 articles and making your comments. It is really appreciated by the staff.

Last edited by David Thicke: 03-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.
David Thicke is offline   Reply With Quote