Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 01:55 PM
MikeC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
With that being said, Drouin is hands down my 2nd choice for who I want the Avs to get. First of all, we need a winger more than a C (which MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan all are). Second of all, he is the most dynamic offensive player in the draft, in my opinion. He would be a great future fit on our top line with Duchene, leaving Landeskog and O'Reilly to be a great pair on the 2nd line.

Dillon Heatherington - Swift Current D - Big kid, plays a shutdown D role, very good skater, a likely 2nd round pick
Greg Chase - Calgary RW - Very fast and intelligent, nephew of former NHLer Kelly Chase, probably a 3rd rounder
Colby Cave - Swift Current LW - Big winger, hits like a truck, offense and skating is slowly improving, maybe a 6th or 7th rounder
Zane Jones - Calgary LW - Overager, big powerforward, goes to the net, might be a late round pick
Eetu Laurikainen - Swift Current G - Typical Finnish goalie, very athletic, competes hard, stood on his head last night, might be a late round pick
Jay Merkley - Swift Current RW - Smaller kid, stock has fallen drastically, hope we don't even consider taking him
Pavlo Padakin - Calgary RW - Very good defensively, great compete, offensive skills are underrated. Some team might take him late, but I doubt it
Great post RS!!

This is why we need to trade our UFA(O'Byrne, Kobasew) if we do not intend to resign them and other players like Jones, hunwick, Zanon , .... If we can get more picks for those players to select guys like Chase, Heatherington, ... We will have more depth, and with Depth, it is a lot easier to make trades.

Lipton was available last year in the 7th round. So Zanon for a 7th give us the chance to draft a guy like Lipton.