View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
The trade is a win-win. LA got the cup but going forward, I don't see how Richards/Carter hold more value than Couturier,Voracek, Schenn, and Simmonds. Within a few years, they will replace the defensive void they left and will easily out produce them offensively. This trade will continue to look better for Philly as those players develop and if LA can win another cup, it will go down as one of their better moves in team history.

Richards and Carter won the cup in LA because they were in a better position. They were by no means complimentary players as I have heard since they won the cup but they were not the most important pieces to that team.

It is hard to put a roster together for what the Flyers would look like now with Richards and Carter because so many pieces were moved with them. They still had the money to sign Bryz with Richards/Carter on the team so I'll include him in this lineup.

Hartnell-Giroux-X
Carter-Richards-JVR
Read-Briere-X

Timonen-Coburn
Meszaros-X
X-X

Bryzgalov

That team is not going to win a Stanley Cup and other than Giroux/Read/Coburn, that team is on the decline. The loss of Chris Pronger cannot be overstated enough.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote