Old
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Hey im tryingbtw they did trade mike and jeff

also whats worth more a franchise goalie to build around or a defensive dman?? a young stud for a young stud
Oh I'm not bashing your proposal at all. I'm just laughing at the idea of trading a Schenn just 30 or so games after making a big deal about uniting the brothers. Seems so knee jerk, so totally could be a Philly thing (no offense to our Flyers fans that come over here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Tambellini would be an idiot if he doesn't claim Jokinen, he is exactly the type of player they need on their third line. With that said, I fully expect the Oilers not to claim him
Honestly, I'm not sure they would claim him. $3 million cap hit is a fair bit and they will have to replace Jones, Petrell, Whitney, Smid, Fistric and Bulin (or resign them), while having RFA's in Gagner and Paajarvi and Peckham. With Jokinen, that'd leave them about $17.8 million to fill those holes. Not impossible, but you have to figure Gagner will eat up $4-$5 million of that alone, and they would likely want to leave about $1-$2 million in cap wiggle room, so they are likely looking at $10-$12 million to fix up what could be the weakest D in the NHL next season and get a backup.

So with that said, yeah, Tambs will claim him, lol.