Old
03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
So it really holds no value at all?
You'd likely get a conditional pick based on whether or not he'd sign. And it's likely going to be at best a 5th. And that may be generous. The only benefit to a team trading for his rights is to get a jumpstart on trying to sign him, but likely most teams know he's going to demand a guaranteed NHL contract. The cap is dropping next year and most teams are trying to just resign their own guys right now, not hand out a gauranteed contract to someone whose never played in the NHL.

Holloway will sign after July 1st, assuming he does sign. Tampa Bay, NYI, Calgary and Anaheim seem likely as destinations, teams which would likely be seeking a low cost high reward top three line winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The idea of having Iginla or Jagr wearing a Kings uniform is exciting, but acquiring them isn't really in the best interest of the franchise.
Iginla, I agree. I'm not sold on Jagr being at an unreasonably high cost though. I look at Recchi going to Boston from Tampa Bay as similar. As such, I could see Jagr for a 2nd and a 5th, or something on those lines. If that was the price, I'd be all over that like cheap wine on a good suit.