View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
After watching the game last night, I have a few thoughts:

- Sarnia needs to get tougher or better yet, more physical, as a team. I'd say at least three goals were a result from not being tougher to play against. The team gives up the blueline waaaay too easy. I'm not sure if this is part of their game plan or the fault of the D but PLY had probably 10 or so prime scoring chances just from walking easily into the zone and unleashing a shot from the top of the circle (or closer). I'd like to see them hold the blueline. After watching them play passively last night, I wouldn't be against them grabbing a few physical Dmen at the draft (Lizotte, Clapham, MacArthur)

- start finishing some checks. Sarnia is clearly a small team so the players don't need to make a board rattling body check but they'd be much tougher to play against if they rubbed players out rather than dancing freely into the scoring area of the ice.

- it's going to be a long year next year. It'll be nearly impossible for Sarnia to replace Sarault, Anderson, and potentially Boucher (likely)...as well as Gally and Murphy. The Sting need some young guys to really develop over the summer or I'm afraid they may be one of the bottom feeders. It's not really a knock on anyone but it's going to be a true rebuild year. (Too bad Sean Day got exceptional status). It will be fun to see how some of the young talent performs with more ice time

- Hopin Sarnia can extend the season a little longer Wednesday night but damn, PLY is good.

- Have to give credit to Plymouth. They're a great team from top to bottom. Sarnia is just overmatched in every area (except goaltending - JP was awesome Monday night)