View Single Post
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by loozer View Post
As far as I know, the Yeti has played for the national team a couple of times over the past couple years. I just checked eliteprospects quickly and it looks like he played in the Euro Hockey tournament the last two years. I know last year the consensus was he played well for the swedes I'm not sure about this time around.

I haven't seen him play much recently, but Carl would fit a secondary scoring role over here well. Not having seen him recently I'm not sure how his defensive game has progressed but, I know with Malmo it was pretty atrocious in the games I saw. Although that's a small sample size, and Malmo was on it's downswing by the time I started watching those games.
He's been pretty consistently good on the national team, almost always one of the best players, if not the best. Problem is that the team has been playing like absolute crap these last tourneys, and the coach is a disaster, so it's kind of hard to judge any of the players on the team, really.
As for his defensive game, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. He's pretty much as good defensively as he is offensively.