Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I will be interested to see what we end up doing if we don't end up with the 1st or 2nd overall pick. For me, the no-brainers there are Jones and Drouin. A big reason for my thoughts there is that they are positionally perfect for what we need.

Guys like MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm are all centers and Nichushkin is a Russian.

Does our staff not worry about that and take one of those guys anyway? Do they try and convert guys like MacKinnon, Monahan, Lindolm, Barkov to the wing position? I think MacKinnon would make a great winger, but he's also very good on faceoffs, so who knows.

It seems redundant to have Duchene-O'Reilly-Stastny-X down the middle, with X being one of the above-listed players. It still seems redundant even if we trade Stastny as guys like X don't really fit the role as a #3 center going forward, or at least it doesn't seem that way.

Do all these factors force us to trade back or trade up or just stick with the BPA scenario?

Things will be interesting down the stretch and leading up to the draft.
I think they will go BPA. If that means picking another center, they will do it. Many centers are converted to wing in the NHL anyways.

And I honestly could see us trading/losing both Stastny and ROR in the next 15 month. So a MacKinnon or Barkov could come in handy if that happens.