View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yes, and I believe it was you who said that CC is only as good as the team in front of him. And I agree. The team defense and possession game allowed us to sail through the first half and our goaltending has been decent for the most part. If Hawks can return there and add some grit to their game at crunch time (somehow, preferably by trade), we could win a round or 2 in the playoffs, and who knows how far we could go after that. However that's a big if. If Hawk fans expect Crawford to steal games if we play poorly on the defensive side, they are in for a disappointment. Emery did it early in the season, but that's regular season, and I doubt he gets a chance anyway.
To an extent that's what I've said. I conceded that Crawford had a bad season last year, but put 70% of the blame on the team infront of him.

Corey Crawford is an average goaltender. Behind a great team, he can be more than good enough to win. That's what I believe. It's honestly no different than Niemi's rookie season. Play a tight, effecient game infront of Crawford and he'll make the saves he's supposed to, and a few big ones. He'll give up bad goals, as Niemi did in the Cup run and as every goaltender does, but don't give the other team anymore than they earn; don't beat yourselfs by being lazy or by turning the puck over.