View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Then to paraphrase something you stated a few pages back.... their "15 minutes of fame" really aren't up yet.

She's being "engaged" by proxy..... so unless she's got an HFBoards account now (sorry Fugu ) the only way for her to be "engaged" in the discussion here is by people here giving credence to her blog.

Your comment regarding her "gung-ho" position on firing employees for one. There is more than one way to balance a budget. Her blog pointed out Glendale has until 2017 to figure out how to pare itself down to something it can manage because the extra $22 million they get now from the sales tax increase won't be there. No where did I see her calling for mass-firings of employees. I did see her call for a gradual pare down in spending over the next 4 years, before the city faces "draconian cuts in 2017". So I ask is this being "gung-ho" for firing people? Is it irresponsible to point out the city needs to gradually work this in???

Note that the newly elected mayor was advocating pay raises for city employees just in the past week. Newly elected council member Chavira (Clark's successor) was calling for increased monies to the police and fire departments. Now who's being irresponsible??

In regards to her noting the city possibly raiding the $17million allotted for arena management to cover an outside audit..... didn't everyone just rip the city over using money from one department to cover expenses somewhere else???

How's Beacon supposed to sell an arena management deal for the city when it could possibly rob the fund that pays for it???

Or does taking it from arena management not seem as bad because of the potential to fulfill some other result you want????
Well, if you think that being mentioned on an internet discussion board is "fame", then I suppose that IEH still has a few minutes left. Personally, I think that they are just fodder for the entertainment of folks on this Board, and not a serious player in the real show.

I was responded to a post by Killion who gave Clark credit for continuing to be "engaged" (through her blog and her band of acolytes, I suppose). Critiquing and deriding her blog is hardly "giving credence" to it.

Go back and check the records while she was still a city council member, and her public postings since. She has been consistently urging city council to make the "hard decisions" to cut the budget, which means firing employees, among other things (note that "mass firings" was your characterization, which I suppose was meant as a rhetorical flourish). The point is that the cuts to services and employees in Glendale will have to be substantially more with a large subsidy to a Coyotes owner, than without. Even Skeete was able to figure that out. Now, Clark is advocating for going ahead with the cuts while preserving the $17 million in funds for an AMF to some ghost investor. I think we all know that it won't take anywhere close to that to hire someone to actually manage the arena. The extra money is reserved as a subsidy for a Coyotes owner (and indirectly for the NHL).

Let me see... what is more irresponsible, advocating increases for police and fire or advocating for preserving a huge fund to be offered as a subsidy to an NHL team owner? I guess that depends on how much you like NHL hockey.

I think that we both know that Beacon (or whoever) don't need $17 million to develop an arena management plan, but I can understand why Coyotes' fans would see that as a preferred maneuver.

In any case, this discussion has hit the doldrums. There is no real news, so we have to find sidelights to amuse us. I find amusement in poking fun at IEH and in the occasional swipe at Clark, who I find to be quite an unappealing character. The days are long past for actually finding any useful information and analysis on this thread. I suppose you might agree with that.