View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Reduxs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Honestly, I think right now with Jones, he plays on a team that's going to challenge for the Memorial Cup and he's played on a world junior championship team. To me, I think the hype machine is in overdrive with Jones. He's playing on a loaded Portland team and he played on a loaded U.S. team (as much as people say Canada was a loaded team, that U.S. team had a boatload of talent as well). With that kind of talent, it's easy to look very good and it's very easy to cover up flaws in one's game.
You seem to be leaving out the part where Jones was an alternate captain of the gold medal winning team, and had a solid tournament, whereas Nurse didn't even make Team Canada. Yes, Jones plays for a loaded team, but that doesn't discount the fact that he's more polished, is a safer pick and probably has a higher overall upside than Nurse. We're also horrible as an organization at developing defensemen, or exhibiting any sort of patience waiting for young players to develop (that goes for fans and management).

Do you discount Crosby's ability because he plays for a loaded Penguins team? Elite players are elite players, regardless of their team.