View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Bone for your jar

vCash: 500
Is it just me or has it been a while since we've watched a good, rousing, adrenaline-packed hockey game? I feel like we've been sailing through the equatorial hockey doldrums for weeks now, just grinding through these dispiriting, rarely fully satisfying, at times vaguely anemic affairs, trying to cheer on a team that at times seems composed of confused AHLers at one of the bench and uninspired wingers at the other. I exaggerate, of course, but what I'm getting at is that we (and the team) could really use a hot-blooded bout tomorrow, something to build on from the Lucic goal last night. In fact, it looks like the Habs too, coming off a string of losses, could use a shot in the arm as well. Let's hope the teams both come to play at a feverish pitch tomorrow, let's hope pride and anger get the skates going, let's hope Nathan Van Winkle wakes up from his languid dreams and remembers what it was like to snipe past Price in a playoff series now seemingly so long, long ago.

(I won't ask, "Is this too much to ask?" this time, because I know where that gets me...)