View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
pdd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
Look you cant sit here and whine about how detriot ruined fedorov's offensive numbers and act like he had the offense of jagr/crosby/lindros hidden in his body but bowman wouldnt let him unleash it. I'm of the opinion that his offense is nowhere near thiers and is massively overrated in general by red wing marks like you and had he played his career on a weaker team his legacy would take a massive nosedive. You wont change my opinion, no point in offering a rebuttal that will make more excuses.

Gilmour carried a mediocre maple leafs team on his back during those years, you want to sit here and read paper stats and make it seem like had so much help. Those were the best years of clarke and andreychuk's career. Gilmour boosted them and he would have easily won the hart if he was playing with luxury like fedorov always did. Tell me Eva, if 1994 were not the best years of the careers of Clarke and Andreychuk, than what years were. Gilmour gave those two thier most productive seasons.
Andreychuk scored 54 goals and 99 assists split half and half between Buffalo and Toronto in 1992-93. He scored 53 and 99 the next year with just Toronto.

Clark scored 46 goals in just 64 games. Sure, it can be attributed to playing with Gilmour. But moreso, it can be attributed to playing first-line time in a scoring environment. He scored 330 goals in about 800 games on his career; 46 in 64 is pace for 60+ in an 84-game season.

Now let's get this in check for a second. Gilmour had a 50-goal winger, Andreychuk, who finished fourth in goals. He had another winger who scored 46 and was on pace for 60. So that's 99 actual goals, 114 if you project each winger to 84 games. At no point in his CAREER did Fedorov have two wingers with that kind of scoring prowess.

In fact, the top two goal scorers on the Red Wings that year were Fedorov and Sheppard. both played 82 games, and totaled out to 108 goals. Projected to a full 84, it's 110.

If we add in Gilmour's 27 goals, and add the next highest wing (Kozlov's 34 actual, 37 projected) we get the following results:
Total:
Detroit: 142 (147)
Toronto: 126 (141)

There's a small difference in the favor of Detroit, this is true. But that's changed when you replace Sheppard with Ciccarelli, who was Fedorov's actual linemate:

Detroit: 118 (130)
Toronto: 126 (141)

Now let's look at just those wingers' totals again:

Detroit: 62 (73)
Toronto: 99 (114)

Tell me again where Kozlov and Ciccarelli are the reason Fedorov was above Gilmour in scoring? Because I sure as hell don't see that in this pile of numbers. Fedorov scored six fewer goals than his two most common wingers did COMBINED. Gilmour barely had more points than his wingers.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote