View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

vCash: 1325
Was that the New York Rangers??

Great, huge win. It's nice to finally get a few goals.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, but that 2nd Flyers goal (which could have lead to a disaster) was completely Gaboriks fault. The only reason the face off was in the Rangers zone was because of a deliberate offsides that easily could have been avoided. Gaborik lazily let the puck hit him when he knew damn well it was offsides. He tried to play it off like he didn't know but the ref called and it was the right call.

It's these little things, the attention to detail that he blatantly dismissed in this case that could have costed the Rangers a point or two on the road. To me that's absolutely inexcusable and it's the type of lazy play from him that drives me up a wall. That's not a lack of defensive play, it's unfocused, selfish, ******** play that has nothing to do with the type of player he is. It's not like he's out there scoring like Stamkos every night.

Other than that great efforts all around and finally this team scores some goals. The flyers completely gave up after Nash's second, but it's nice for a change to not have to play catch up or shutdown hockey with a goal lead

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote