View Single Post
Old
03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
I haven't heard anything since around Christmas. He seemed to be recovering well, but there wasn't much else in terms of info.

Assuming he's healthy, I'd imagine he goes to Red Wings camp in September and from there either to Grand Rapids or back to Vancouver. Given how the Red Wings like to take their time with prospects, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent back to the Giants in order to make up for the missed season.

Then again, he was looking good enough to be in the AHL next year, so if he's good enough in camp, going back to junior would be pointless.
Agree here, his game is probably beyond the WHL, what he really needs it increase his quickness and foot speed, that's what is really holding him back from an NHL career IMO.

The Giants could really use him next year as they have some really good solid young players but don't ahve an offensive focal point and need one really badly IMO.

Personally I would package the 1st pick this year for Barzal to Seattle if they can't get him to play there.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote