View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Bluesoma

vCash: 500
There is no more clear day roster. I believe they're saying that players have to be on the active AHL roster prior or during the NHL trade deadline to be eligible for playoffs and be moved back and forth.

We saw what this team was like with Eakin, Vincour, and Dillon just before the lockout ended and it was awesome. Only reason they didn't dominate even more was because OKC, Charlotte, and Houston was also loaded.

As for Fraser. Everyone is so ready for him to be sent up. As it is, I'm not fully wiping Dallas' season off the table but right now keep Fraser down in the AHL until after the trade deadline to maintain the confidence and get him into the AHL playoffs. Then bring him up for a few more games depending on how things are going.

Honestly, I don't think he's fully ready. I see him about where R. Smith is in terms of development. Does he deserve a chance? Of course. He may hit that next step of progress in the NHL but it's not like not getting into the NHL this season is going to totally destroy his development.