View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 01:21 AM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Bryzgalov may be one of the better Flyers, but that is sidestepping the issue.
He is not a cornerstone to build around, and that was the strategy by Flyers management. Throw in a major slump from a guy like Hartnell, and realization that a guy like Luke Schenn is a dud (perhaps screwed up by the Maple Leaf's typical abuse of young talent, or maybe he ain't that good anyway) and you have the Flyers right back where they have been for a long time....wishing they had that solid foundation of a true number 1 goaltender.

Something is going to give in Philly. I expect Laviolette will be gone before too long, but that's an easy one. Like Itshinaz states, they have to do more than that.
Flyers made a big mistake - they grossly over-rated their talent and thought they were one player away from being a real contender (Pronger's injury didn't help), that's why they overpaid so much for Bryzgalov.

Don't think we're making the same mistake with Nash, you don't get many players of his ability unless you're picking at the top of the draft with no-brainers like Crosby and Malkin. We lost a lot of grit losing Dubi, Anisimov,Prust (who wasn't worth the money he got), but while it may not help that much this year, it will in the future when we replace those guys with the talent we have in the pipeline. I'm not close enough to New York to know if Nash is affecting team chemistry, but I'd still make that trade again in a heartbeat.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote