View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Horrible hockey what he is 12-0. Oh you mean last season when we had a non elite defense? We were short a top four defenseman 2/3rds of the season until we acquired Oduya.

After we got Oduya the goaltending was better until Crawford got soft in the playoffs.

Crawford's still going to be the guy because he hasn't done anything wrong to lose the starting job.

Hansen you need to give credit where it is do.... The team plays better for Ray Emery.
No, I mean this season. He played incredibly well for a huge stretch of this year. It would have made more sense for people to post things like this about a month ago. He's tailed off lately and had three or four subpar starts in a row (by my memory). Tonight he faces maybe 2 genuine scoring chances and shuts out the Flames - not going to go nuts over that.

Wins are a meaningless stat. Emery was pulled when it was 4-0 against Edmonton and Crawford ended up with the loss. It means nothing at all.

The team doesn't play better for either goalie in particular. I don't know where you're getting that from.

I like Emery, he's been a good backup all year long and I'm not about to start yelling "trade" because he had a rough stretch recently. Nor am I about to start yelling "replace Crawford with Emery" because CC has had a tough go of it recently and Emery shut out one of the most pathetic teams in the league.
Crawford's a better goalie. Emery has been a high quality backup. That's the end of it.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote