View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 05:42 AM
steveat

vCash: 500
I am gonna call it.

umm.. What do you guys think about moving Streit to JT's line.

Don't laugh, but I think it could work. Streit -plays bigger than he is when he is on the offence...he can hit..go into corners...carrys the puck well..good enough to split the defence and score. He can pass and he can shoot. He plays a harder offensive game than Boyes (IMO), not to mention can at least play moderate defense as opposed to floater Moulson.

Moulson - JT - Streit
Boyes - Nielsen - McDonald/Okposo
Grabner - B. Nelson - Okposo/Niederreiter
Martin - Cizikas - Okposo/Niederreiter/McDonald

Okposo will float between lines 2-4 and I think McDonald will get his shot at a higher line because his work ethic is good. Niederreiter will do a bit of floating between 3rd and 4th lines.

As far as I am concerned....out of all our rookies, 3 will make it..Nino, Brock and Matt Donovan. Griff, Kabby and Strome will all get their 6 game look and be sent back...Pedan may as well. Mayfield will stay in College hockey.

Boyes WILL resign unless traded by the deadline. We don't have anyone that can produce as much or more than him at his role and until we do...we aren't gonna do another Parenteau. When our rookies prove themselves, then fine, but we cannot keep losing offensive producers, especially when they cannot be replaced right away.

Defensive core....Not 100%, but I am sure Martinek won't be here next year. I think he's done a decent role filling thing this year and 2 goals from him has helped. Donovan will take Martinek's spot.

Amac - Hammer
Strait - Hickey
Donovan - Carkner
Lee and Finley (as 7th man)

I don't see Viz here at all and Streit will most likely be here on the d list, but one can always hope they'd try him on JT's line. It's not like it's the first time a dman moved to forward Buflyien was gonna do that move too.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote